Working at AAE b.v. as a Data Scientist means deep-diving into (big-) data, turning data into information or analyzing and transforming information into insights. Are you a pragmatic team player that likes to participate in solving challenges in a complex, high-tech environment? Then you’ve got what it takes to become our new Data Scientist!
AAE b.v. is: Pushing the Boundaries of Technology within in a tight-knit family firm based in Helmond. With over 400 employees we manufacture products divided into 2 business lines, namely Production Automation and Advanced Systems. Our passionate people continuously seek out the boundaries of technology, so that we find solutions that fit seamlessly with the wishes of our customers. We combine our passion for technology with pure craftsmanship, because developing together is thinking, daring, doing together. That is where our strength lies.
Getting the space and opportunities to develop yourself while being surrounded by great colleagues; that’s AAE!
Kurt Wils – Improvement Knight at AAE b.v.
What will you be doing?
What does your average day as a Data Scientist at AAE look like?
- As a Data Scientist at AAE you will apply the latest advanced data analytics methods to generate new data-driven insights in machine performance optimization and (predictive) diagnostics;
- In order to validate your findings you will be closely working together with our domain/technical experts;
- Your succes will strongly rely on your interpersonal skills and your ability to communicate your knowledge and newly gained insights across different disciplines;
- You’ll find and combine (structured and unstructured) data. You will transfer this data into information and insights (by applying a variety of techniques) so it can serve as a foundation for successful structural improvement of project execution;
- Last but not least you will be collecting, cleaning, organizing/analyzing (un)structured data in order to transform it to information by analysis and creation of dashboards, KPI’s and reports.
Why are you suited for our job offer for Data Scientist at AAE?
We are looking for people that are excited to follow our growth and help us to realize our ambitions.
- You have about 2 to 5 years of experience in working with data, profiling techniques, analysis tools and statistics;
- You’re in possession of a Bachelor/MSc in Industrial Engineering, BI, Mathematics, Data Science, Econometrics or related;
- You posses skills and knowledge in Business Intelligence, databases and coding (e.g. R/SQL/Python/PowerBI, etc.);
- And you also know a thing or two about statistics and have experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasheets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.);
- You’re able to present and explain analytical problems, approach, results and recommendations;
- You also have the ability to perform queries, run models, link analyses and insights to business/project results and prepare reports;
- You have extensive knowledge in finding causality in signals, developing predictive models and their implementation in production;
- All these skills require high attention to detail (you’re accurate), knowledge/understanding of complex production (control) processes (preferably in a high-tech, low volume environment) and excellent communication skills.
Always Together, Never Alone.
We will say it one more time: “Always together. Never alone.”. We are always part of the greater good. Therefore you can look at us as a sparring partner, problem solver, incubator and primarily as a developer. We are proud to be able to be part of that higher purpose. That makes us the advanced high-tech machine manufacturer that we are today.
In addition, we like to look at what you need in both your personal and professional development. Think of learning paths, courses and different career opportunities. As a result, you always get the satisfaction and challenge you are looking for in your career. We like to think about what you need. At AAE you get the personal attention you deserve.