As Improvement Knight* (Project Lead) you focus on the deployment of improvement projects within AAE.
*Indeed, we do not take ourselves too serious! When explaining our role to the outside world we often refer to ourselves as ‘project lead’.
As Improvement Knight at AAE you take the lead. In each of your assignments you work in a multi-disciplinary team, being a key player in both project management and execution from project definition to solution implementation. As an addition to the Improvement Knight team you will expand AAE’s capability to continuously deploy improvements, and will therefore directly support AAE’s future ambitions and our vision ‘to move the world happily forward’.
This is who we are
We are AAE, leading edge, innovative and high-tech. This makes our family owned company the ambitious, international machine manufacturer we are today. With close to 400 employees, we develop and manufacture products that continuously push the boundaries of technology. With our groundbreaking technology, we contribute to a smarter, more beautiful, more sustainable and simply more fun world: ‘We move the world happily forward by providing groundbreaking high tech solutions’. It’s no coincidence that our cultural values are ambitious, can-do, human and together. We place the bar high, are determined and engaged with our people. Doing things together, that’s where our strength lies.
Having the space and opportunities to develop yourself while being surrounded by great colleagues: this is AAE.
Kurt Wils – Manager Improvement/Strategy at AAE b.v.
What are you going to do?
What does an average day look like for you?
- You are involved in multiple internal improvement projects. These various projects range from short duration assignments limited to one department to long-term multi-disciplinary efforts;
- Within your role as Project Lead you take a leading role and are a driving force. You perform project management tasks, but also day-to-day project work;
- In your daily activities you are typically involved from project definition (where you support ‘the internal customer’ with defining goals, scope, milestones and deliverables) up to final implementation of the improvement in our daily processes;
- You develop expertise on relevant subject matter, that is used to train key users and therefore gets embedded into the organization;
- You are the linking pin between the different departments involved in a project. You also coordinate with other projects and initiatives within AAE on potential overlaps and integration;
- Naturally you work together with a diverse set of colleagues, ranging from office to shopfloor staff, and provide them with the necessary guidance and support;
- You regularly communicate progress to all stakeholders, and liaise with external solution providers where required;
- You touch base with your fellow Improvement Knights to brainstorm and exchange tips & tricks;
- And you also act as a sparring partner for colleagues throughout the organization;
- You report functionally to our Manager Improvement/Strategy, and operationally to your various project sponsors.
Who are we we looking for?
Looking at the rapid growth of our organization and expansion of our team, we are looking for an Improvement Knight that supports and shares our future goals and ambitions.
- You perform on an BSc+/MSc level, with a background in either (industrial) engineering or ICT;
- You have 1-3 years of working experience, preferably within a high tech manufacturing environment;
- Experience in managing and executing internal improvement/change projects is a plus;
- You are a true process and systems minded person, and have affinity with defining/changing business processes, and the underlying IT systems;
- You are eager to learn and have ‘an urge to know’, be it new (software) systems, processes and skills;
- With your analytical mindset you are able to structure improvement initiatives and keep the overview during the course of a project;
- You dare to question current situations, always seeking to improve, by using your innovative/out-of-the-box way of thinking;
- You have a hands-on mentality, and use that skill to effectively drive projects forward;
- In addition you have excellent communicational skills (written/spoken), and a good eye for group dynamics;
- You are an open-minded individual, who’s enthusiastic and likes to collaborate;
- Your look beyond hierarchies, and are open to actively (re)shaping your role depending on the situation and AAE requires;
- You are well-versed in using the Microsoft productivity tools, and quickly know your way around new software;
- You are fluent in English and Dutch (or have a willingness to learn the latter).
What we offer
A development role for younger professionals, a more permanent role for senior individuals. A challenging environment, with respect for work/life balance and an informal workspace/culture; with a lot of fun 😉
Together. Never alone.
We say it one more time: ‘Together, never alone.’ This is our power. We are always part of a higher purpose. You see us as a sparring partner, problem solver and as a developer. We are proud to be part of a higher purpose. Furthermore, we are looking at your personal goals when it comes to development. For example, development of your professional skills, courses and several possibilities to grow within the organization. This way you will constantly be challenged during your career path. This makes us who we are today: Proud to be part of something great!
Are you interested? Apply on the way that fits you, and send your motivation and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to hear from you. For further information about AAE you can look at our website: www.aaebv.com